Manchester United star draw withdraws from England squad to face Croatia and Spain

Manchester United star draw withdraws from England squad to face Croatia and Spain

Manchester United star Luke Shaw has been ruled out England's squad that will take on Croatia and Spain in the Uefa Nations League.
Leicester city's left-back Ben Chilwell has been called up as his replacement for the Gareth Southgate's Three Lions.
Shaw managed to finish United the dramatic 3-2 comeback win over Newcastle at Old Trafford on Saturday.

Tottenham's Danny Rose also suffered from a groin injury in the Premier League win against Cardiff at Wembley
Chilwell was initially handed a call up to the England U-21's but is now in line for a starting place in the Uefa Nations League fixtures.

The 21-year-old made his Three Lions debut off the bench in a 1-0 win against Switzerland in September.
And Under-21 boss Aidy Boothroyd said: "It was a really tight decision, I know that because I was in the meeting when we were talking about it.
"Players do get injuries and you have to be ready because you don't necessarily get the opportunity. So you've got to be ready.
"Ben, because of his personality, the way he works is training at full tilt every day.
"He's grown to become Leicester's first-choice left back and he nearly scored with his right foot on Saturday!
"Whatever it is that he's done, maybe it's maturity or he knows people around him want him to do well, he deserves everything he gets.
"He's going to be a top player I'm sure."

Boothroyd added: "It's great the first thing Gareth does, when a player gets injured, he looks to the 21s or the 20s and the 19s now as well.
"He is promoting young talent and for the rest of the guys in the pathway it makes our job a lot easier because they know if they do well they've got a chance."

However Boothroyd has replaced Chilwell with Chelsea defender Jay Dasilva, who is currently on loan spell with Bristol City.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...