Hazard makes important revelations concerning his future at Chelsea

Hazard makes important revelations concerning his future at Chelsea

Chelsea playmaker Eden Hazard has admitted it is a tough decision to extend his present contract at Stamford Bridge and has re-echoed that he dreamt about sealing a switch to Real Madrid.
According to a Goal. com report, the Belgium's Red Devils captain is under pressure to sign a new deal at Chelsea after he was repeatedly linked with the Los Blancos in the summer, Hazard is yet to agree terms with Blues chiefs with less than 24 months left on his current deal.

"Yes, that's why I spoke after the World Cup and I said that I think it is time to change because I played a great World Cup," Hazard told reporters at St Mary's Stadium.
"I am really in the game, I am playing good football at the moment. Real Madrid is the best club in the world. I don't want to lie today.
"It is my dream since I was a kid. I was dreaming about this club. We will see. I don't want to talk about this every day. I don't have time, but we will talk about my future soon. I think so. It is also when you have a dream and you want to make it happen.
"It is like I have said a lot of times, if I leave I will be happy. I know if I stay, I will be happy. It is not like if I go I am happy and if I stay that I am unhappy,"

noted Hazard, who currently leads the Premier League scorers' chat with seven goals.
Speaking further, the Belgian star revealed he would not like to leave Chelsea like compatriot, Thibaut Courtois, who finished his contract before forcing a £35 million summer move to Madrid, but Hazard insists he is not ready to follow that path.

"I don't want that,"he added. "I want what's good for me, but I want what's good for the club because the club has given me everything. I don't want to say, 'yes I am signing a new contract', and then in the end I don't end up signing. So, I will see.
"In my head, sometimes in my head I wake up in the morning and think I want to go. Sometimes I think I want to stay. It is a hard decision. It is my future. I am 27 and I will turn 28 in January."

Interestingly, the Blues eggheads are offering Hazard a new five-year extension that will see him earn around £300,000-a-week but he is in the dark what Chelsea can do to win him over.

"I don't know," when asked what it would take to convince him to stay. "I am happy and I don't need anything. It is not trophies. Of course, when you play, you want to win, but I just want to enjoy things on the pitch, like I am at the moment. Then, I am happy.

"I could talk now. If they come to me, then I will talk. I don't want to say that I am not talking (at all) with the club or the owner. I am talking a lot with them. So, we just need to find a good solution," he summed up.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...