Mauricio Pochettino makes stunning revelation about Tottenham fans after Cardiff victory

Mauricio Pochettino makes stunning revelation about Tottenham fans after Cardiff victory

Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino has expressed disappointment over the fans decision to stay off the stadium in their Premier League victory over Cardiff City.
Eric Dier's 8th minute strike handed the Lilywhites maximum points at the Wembley Stadium to keep their title contention on track.
However, the manager revealed he was surprised that the stadium was half empty with just 43,268 seats out of 90,000 were taken.

"I was a little bit surprised that it was empty," he told a news conference.
"But I understand that this is difficult - we cannot ask for more from our fans. Of course, it was a difficult day with the weather and everything and it's not easy .
"I am always honest and I was surprised that the top tier was empty. "

Pochettino continued: " It wasn't the best performance. "We fully deserved the victory and the three points and in the end that's the most important thing because it keeps us in a very good position in the table, one point off the top .

"But of course we want to be in the same position at the end of the season, or be a contender. I think we need to improve a lot in our performance .
"We play after the defeat to Barcelona [on Wednesday] and this was difficult, but I'm happy because of the victory. I think we can play better and we need to play better if we want to be a contender for the top four .

"It was a game that that looks like it's going to be an easy afternoon and at the end it's so complicated because, if they score from a set-piece, maybe we are talking in a different way now .
"We need to improve a lot. We need to kill the games, have more control, more calm when you play at home.
"The effort was fantastic and it was not easy after the defeat against Barcelona to be ready again to compete, but I think we competed well. "

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...