Manchester United eye surprise move for highly-rated Sweden World Cup star

Manchester United eye surprise move for highly-rated Sweden World Cup star

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho is eyeing a surprise loan move for Sweden World Cup star Andreas Granqvist.
According to UK Sun report, citing Fotboll Direkt, the Portuguese manager wants the 33-year-old centre-back Granqvist to join the Red Devils on a 3-month loan deal.

At this time of the year, the Swedish league is expected to be on a three-month winter break from January to March.

Granqvist, who captained Sweden at the summer World Cup in Russia, now plies his trade at Helsingborg after seasons with Russian outfit Krasnodar.

During the summer transfer season, Mourinho was furious after the Old Trafford dwellers, failed to seal a deal for a new centre-back.

The likes of Leicester City defence ace Harry Maguire and Bayern's Jerome Boateng were repeatedly linked with Manchester United after the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
At the mundial in Russia, the Swedish star Granqvist who played alongside Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof, netted twice to take his tally to eight times in his 77-caps.

Interestingly, Granqvist in his first stint in the Premier League season at Wigan in 2007 had a disastrous experience, making 16 appearances before he was sent on-loan to Helsingborg.
Reacting about the reports linking him with United, Granqvist says he is aware of the links to Manchester United but has not discussed with anybody from the club.

"I know there's a lot of interest in me.
"United is very flattering, but I have not heard anything concrete,"
he submitted.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...