Ex-Manchester United star calls for Mourinho's sack after UCL clash with Valencia

Ex-Manchester United star calls for Mourinho's sack after UCL clash with Valencia

Manchester United legend Paul Scholes has called for the sacking of Jose Mourinho claiming the Portuguese has embarrassed the club.
United continued their poor form with a barren draw with Valencia in a Champions League tie played at Old Trafford.

It is United's worst start of the season since 29 years as Mourinho is battling to save his job having publicly criticized his players and the United hierarchy.

And former Red Devils midfielder Scholes believes the former Chelsea manager should have been shown the door after the defeat to West Ham.

"I am sat here actually surprised he survived after Saturday, the performance was that bad.
"He's constantly having a go at players. He's having a go at those above him because he's not getting what he wants. I think his mouth is probably out of control and I think he's embarrassing the club."

Another ex-United defender Rio Ferdinand also criticized Mourinho saying he should take ultimate responsibility for his team's woes.

"There's not a work ethic," said Ferdinand. "The attitude doesn't seem right. No one's said about not going out there to win - people want to win football matches.
"If you could win it easily you would. Football's not easy, you have to work hard. That's a basic trait of any footballer or any team to be successful they have to have.
"This team doesn't have that, and where does that come from? That comes from and is driven by one person at the top, the manager. It falls at his feet."

After the 0-0 draw to Valencia, Mourinho pointed out his defence lacked the technical quality to build up the attack from the back line.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...