Chelsea prepare new deal for star defender after impressing under Maurizio Sarri

Chelsea prepare new deal for star defender after impressing under Maurizio Sarri

Brazilian defender David Luiz is in line for a new deal at Chelsea after a decent performance in the 2018-19 seasons under new Italian boss Maurizio Sarri.

According to a UK Mirror report citing The Standard, the 31-year-old Luiz has less than 12 month in his current deal at Stamford Bridge London, but Blues chiefs are now set to open discussion over an extension with the ex-PSG star.
Interestingly, the Selecao star was repeatedly linked with a switch away from Chelsea under Antonio Conte, but since the arrival of Sarri, of the start of the campaign, Luiz has rediscovered has form, while partnering German star Antonio Rudiger in the heart of Chelsea defence.

At the last count, Luiz has helped in executing Sarri's new game plan during matches, and is already looking forward to continue doing his best for the Blues.

"In the first week I spoke with him. I said to him that "I am going to work hard to show you I want to play in your team, with your philosophy,'" he noted
"I had two offers from different clubs but I told Chelsea I wanted to stay ," Luiz admitted, even as he was quick to add.
"Would I have gone if Conte stayed? For sure. But they changed for Sarri and I have tried to convince Sarri I want to stay at Chelsea.

"I am playing now and enjoying it. I didn't play (for most of) the last six months (under Conte). Sarri is human, he wants us to take pleasure in playing football. He said every day we have to enjoy it," Luiz was quoted as saying, after Chelsea played out a 1-1 draw, with Liverpool last weekend.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...