See footballers with strong religious beliefs

See footballers with strong religious beliefs

These players are either practicing Christianity, Islam and other beliefs but they all believe in God.
Here are five players known to value their religion.

1. Edison Cavani

The Paris Saint-Germain striker has a connection with the Catholic Church all through his life.
He said: "I am an athlete for Christ. That's why I play, for him, to give him glory, to thank him for giving me the ability to play.
"To thank him for giving me that divine gift that I am trying to manage more and more. All I do, I do for him."

2. Paul Pogba

The France international is well known to be a faithful Muslim and he has never hidden his love for his faith.

Pogba even shares his pictures in the holy land of Mecca on his social media handle and he once said:
"Put faith on him he will put light on you."

3. David Luiz

Despite is aggressive behaviour on the pitch, the Chelsea defender is a devoted Christian and he is among the Atletas de Cristo (Athletes of Christ).
Luiz once said: "Everything in life belongs to God. Our purpose has already been mapped out."

4. Cristiano Ronaldo

The Juventus striker has pledged his respect for Islam saying it is the most beautiful religion in the world.
However the Portuguese ace is still regards himself as a pure Roman Catholic.
He once said: "Life only makes sense when our highest ideal is to serve Christ.
"I collect crucifix necklaces - it's because of my relationship with God.
"I always had a gift, I was shown the skills and I am a fantastic footballer. But I do believe God gave me the gift."

5. Neymar

Neymar has never been shy to portray his Christian heritage. After Brazil won their first football gold at the Rio 2016 Olympics.
The 27-year-old wore a head band bearing the word 100 per cent Jesus even during Barcelona's Champions League triumph in 2015.

The Paris Saint-Germain star reportedly pays his tithes (10%) his income to his church.
He once said: "Life only makes sense when our highest ideal is to serve Christ!" Additionally, after winning cup finals for club and country, he used to wear a headband bearing the words "100% Jesus".

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...