Chelsea star Eden Hazard reveals what he loves in football more than scoring goals

Chelsea star Eden Hazard reveals what he loves in football more than scoring goals

Chelsea play-maker Eden Hazard has revealed that he prefers to be judged as one of the world's great players based on titles won rather than individual goals awards.
According to a UK Telegraph report, the Belgian star, who is frequently placed alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi as football's best players, scored what is likely the goal of the season against Liverpool at Anfield in midweek, as he insists he does not want to be appreciated by his goals.

"I don't have (goal) targets to be fair - my only target is to win something every year. I want to win trophies," he said.

"It is not important how many goals I score. You know me, I don't care about that. I just want to enjoy my football and win games.
"At the moment I am scoring goals, that is why everyone is talking for me to be in the top three
(players).
"It is a pleasure to be there. I just want to keep going. I am the same player as two years ago, three years ago. I'm now in a period that I score a lot of goals, and hopefully I keep on scoring. It won't be simple. Definitely not in the Premier League. I'm feeling good since the FA Cup final. Something you see. I play in strong teams, here with Chelsea and with Belgium who were very good at the World Cup, and that helps me to perform better too,"
admitted the 27-year-old Belgium captain.

Speaking further, Hazard explained the influence of new Blues boss Sarri on his game, since his arrival at the west London outfit.
"You see it on the pitch. We have different players, players that we didn't have last season, players who like to have the ball, " noted Hazard.
"We have more possession than before. The attacking players benefit from that. We get more touches, more opportunities to create chances, to dribble more, more chances to shoot on target. Sarri is a manager who likes to have the ball. That makes a big difference. Besides that, he's an Italian. Just like Conte there's a lot of tactics and we have to work hard in training.
"But I don't feel like saying that I didn't have any freedom under my previous managers. Conte and Mourinho also let me do what I wanted in the last third. That's why I could excel under them, too. Defensively, I know what I have to do,"
stated the Belgian, who also had time to comment on his winning strike, that ended Liverpool's unbeaten run this campaign.
"It's one of the most beautiful goals I have ever scored. But I have already made a few nice ones in my career. It feels special, though. Because it's at Anfield, against a big club like Liverpool that, on top of that, had won all of their games this season. When I got the ball on the touchline I only thought about scoring that goal. I didn't want to go to a shoot-out session. So that played in my mind all of the time," he added.

Hazard has not committed his future at Chelsea but be believes his biggest priority for now is to enjoy his game.
"I haven't signed a contract. Not yet. Not yet.

"Even when the things are not going well, I try to be happy when I am on the pitch. That is why I like football. At the moment, we are winning games so it is more easy to smile but when I am on the pitch I just try to be happy. At the moment it is good. I am scoring goals, we are playing good, so I am enjoying it but we will see in the future," Hazard summed up.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...