What Jose Mourinho must do to get the best out of Alexis Sanchez at Man United

What Jose Mourinho must do to get the best out of Alexis Sanchez at Man United

Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs has urged Jose Mourinho to deploy his highest paid player Alexis Sanchez on the left wing to get the best out of him.
The Chlean forward joined the Red Devils in the winter of 2018 after forcing his way out of Arsenal under former boss Arsene Wenger.
However, the former Barcelona attacker has only managed to score twice for the Old Trafford outfit since his move in January.

Daily Star quoting Sky Sports report that the current Wales manager, who spent all his professional career at the club believes Sanchez will come good for the club.
He further explained that it takes some players longer time to settle down and adapt when move to a new club.
Giggs insisted that he is an admirer of the ex-Barcelona man, and expects him to get himself back on the scoresheet soon enough.

"I'm a big fan of Sanchez ," Giggs told Sky Sports.
"I was a big fan of his at Arsenal and sometimes it just takes players a bit longer to settle in.
"Even though he's a top player he just looks like he's a bit short of confidence, but I'm sure he'll come good as he's a top goalscorer and a good player as well. "

Sanchez has been fielded at various attacking positions for Jose Mourinho but Giggs believes he should be playing on the left, suggesting his attacking partners have an impact on his role.
He said: "He can play anywhere across the front, he played on the right for Barcelona and up front in his better days for Arsenal .
"I've seen him just off the left the most for United so it just depends who he's playing with and who they're playing against .
"He can also play that No 10 role but I think the best performances I've seen from him at United are just coming off the left, but it's just not quite happening for him at the moment. "

Sanchez was an unused substitute for United's Carabao Cup penalty shootout loss to Derby on Tuesday.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...