Eden Hazard reveals what N'Golo Kante told him before Liverpool wonder goal

Chelsea hero Eden Hazard lifted the lid on a conversation he had with N'Golo Kante on the bench in the moments before his stunning winner against Liverpool.

The Belgian started among the substitutes for the Carabao Cup third-round clash and was brought on in the 56th minute, only to see Daniel Sturridge open the scoring just two minutes later with an outrageous overhead kick.

Emerson cancelled out Sturridge's effort with ten minutes remaining of normal time and the match looked like it was heading for a penalty shootout before Hazard popped up with a solo wonder goal.

Hazard jinked round several Liverpool defenders and drilled the ball past a hapless Simon Mignolet to seal the tie and the forward revealed a brilliant conversation with Kante before the strike.

'I spoke with N'Golo on the bench and he told me he didn't want to take a penalty, so the only solution was to score!' Hazard told Sky Sports.

'I just tried to do what I can do.'

Chelsea face Liverpool at Stamford Bridge in the Premier League this weekend and Hazard is hopeful his side have the momentum ahead of the clash.

'This result will give us more confidence because we drew with West Ham four days ago,' he added.

'The game on Saturday [with Liverpool] is more important.

'We have got to try and beat Liverpool on Saturday.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...