PSG star Kylian Mbappe fails in his 3 match ban appeal after receiving his first ever red card

PSG star Kylian Mbappe fails in his 3 match ban appeal after receiving his first ever red card

Paris Saint-Germain striker Kylian Mbappe has failed to overturn his three match during a domestic game in the French league.

The 20-year-old received his first ever red card as a player during PSG's 4-2 win over Nimes in early September.
The France international pushed Teji Savanier to the floor after being on the receiving end of a crunchy tackle.

And Mbappe was handed a straight red as the World Cup winner was handed a three-match ban by the French Football Federation for his actions.

The former Monaco star has already missed two out of the three matches but despite appealing the decision, he will be forced to sit out one more match.

The youngster claimed he felt no guilt to his immediate response to Savenier's tackle, which could have played a part in the FFF's decision to uphold the ban.
Mbappe said: "No [I don't regret it]. If I had the chance to do it over again, I would do the same thing.
"I will apologise to the supporters and everbody, but I cannot tolerate this sort of thing.
"It was an accumulation of things. It was the last action. I don't think that it has a place on the pitch but that doesn't matter. The ref made a decision and like I said, PSG are above that - we are above that."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...