Chelsea star blasts teammates following frustrating draw against West Ham

Chelsea star blasts teammates following frustrating draw against West Ham

David Luiz has vented his frustrations following Chelsea's 0-0 draw to West Ham at the London Stadium.
The Blues were in control in most part of the match but failed to make it count as they dropped their first points of the season.
Andriy Yamalenko could have stolen the show but his header went just wide from a perfect-inch Robert Snodgrass cross.

The Brazilian has played in all six Premier League games for Chelsea this season under Maurizio Sarri after he was frozen out by Antonio Conte last term.

But the former Paris Saint-Germain star has not been impressed with his teammates in attack who fired blank against the Hammer's side that have conceded 11 goals before the London derby.

"Of course we are disappointed," he told the club's official website after Chelsea dropped their first points of the campaign.
"We didn't play a fantastic game, we didn't create a lot.
"It was too slow, moving the ball to create the gaps or our movements without the ball, and that is why we couldn't score.
"We know that many teams now are going to play against us this way, with a low block and trying to play on the counter-attack.
"So there was not a lot of space but it is up to us to try to find a solution."

Chelsea will be back in action as they are set to face Liverpool twice within the space of four days in the Carabao Cup and the Premier League.

"The best games are games like that," Luiz added.
"We are going to play against a fantastic team so we need to rest and be ready for both games."
The 31-year-old also reiterated how dicey the Europa League will be to win this season.
"Many people don't understand how hard it is to win that competition. The level is great. It's not easy to play.
"I know because I have played in the Europa League more than once - I also played in it with Benfica. It is never easy to win a competition like this."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...