Man United star settles rift with Jose Mourinho after Champions League opener

Man United star settles rift with Jose Mourinho after Champions League opener

Manchester United star Paul Pogba has applauded Jose Mourinho for handing him the responsibility of taking the club's penalties during matches.

According to a UK Sun report, the 25-year-old Pogba was excited netting from the spot in Wednesday night's win at Swiss Young Boys after missing against in the Red Devils 2-0 win at Burnley this September.
"I didn't have any doubts about taking the penalty.

"I had the confidence of the players, they let me take it and I should thank them for this, as well as the manager - he let me take it as well," noted the Frenchman, whose positive remarks concerning the former Chelsea and Real Madrid boss have now doused tension between the pair.

Mourinho has earlier, insisted that Pogba remains Man United penalty taker, despite missing against Burnley.

Speaking after the UEFA Champions League win against Young Boys, Mourinho, also found some nice words to appreciate the Frenchman.

"He was solid, class, giving the team the pace that we need sometimes.
"He scored a great goal and the penalty showed personality because when you miss a penalty you have doubts about taking the next one, but there were no doubts for him.
"I like a player to have the courage to take a penalty after one that he missed," a dded Mourinho.
Pogba, who has now scored four times from six appearances for the Red Devils, is already looking to Saturday's EPL fixture against Wolves. "I'm happy to score the goals that were decisive in the win.
"If I can score I will try to help the team as much as possible.
"If I can score a goal or make an assist that will be great.
"When you win you are happy but we are still trying to get better.
"We are changing the team and the players that come in feel like they are already in the team and that's what we need," 
Pogba added.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...