Joy for Sarri as Chelsea star signs 5-year contract extension at the Premier League club

Joy for Sarri as Chelsea star signs 5-year contract extension at the Premier League club

Chelsea youngster Ethan Ampadu has penned a five-year contract extension at Stamford Bridge, keeping him at West London outfit until 2023.

According to the club's website, the 18-year-old Ampadu, who joined Chelsea from Exeter City in July 2017, made seven first-team appearances for the Blues under former boss Antonio Conte during the 2017/18 campaign.

Speaking moments after penning the new deal, the Wales international, who is yet to get a game time under new club boss Maurizio Sarri, maintained he is excited with the contract extension.

"I'm really proud and happy. I'm looking forward to the next five years and all I have got to do now is continue to work hard, and hopefully good things will happen,"

Ampadu said, even as Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia revealed why the West London side, decided to offer the Welshman a new deal.

"Ethan has shown great potential and unbelievable maturity since arriving at Chelsea a year ago.

"In this short time he convinced a lot of people with his exceptional quality and mentality and we look forward to watching him develop into a key player for the club over the coming years, " Granovskaia added.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...