Manchester legend urges French World Cup star to learn from Ronaldo

Manchester legend urges French World Cup star to learn from Ronaldo

Manchester United legend Rio Ferdinand has cautioned French World Cup star Paul Pogba, to learn from the humility of former Red Devils forward, Cristiano Ronaldo if he truly wants to make a progress in the game.

According to a Goal .com report citing ESPN, the Frenchman has been heavily criticized for paying less attention to the basic ingredients that will help shape his career.

Speaking further, Ferdinand maintained that current world best player and five-time Ballon d'Or winner is a clear example of a football player, who thoroughly developed his game right from the scratch.

"Cristiano came as what we called a showpony, all the stepovers, looking good for the fans, " Ferdinand was quoted as saying by ESPN.
"He left the best player in the world, who lived and died by the end product. Goals and assists.
"But that's down to intelligence, Ronaldo worked it out, actually: 'That's good that the people love me for that, but what's going to get me there, to the top of the mountain. I need to adjust my game.' And he left as the best player in the world.
"So Paul Pogba can look at that as something to learn from there as well. What do I really need to do to make myself the best midfielder on this planet?
"He's got an ego, that's not hard to see on social media, this boy's got an ego, wants to be looked at and talked about as the best player. There's a hunger and desire for that, with that comes a work ethic,"
added the ex-United defence ace.

Concluding, Ferdinand urged Manchester United Portuguese boss, Jose Mourinho on the importance of playing the French World cup winner, in a position where he will play at his best during games.

"I think that's been the problem so far, they've not been able to work out what's best for Paul Pogba in the Man United team," the 2008 Champions League winner said.
 "Should he be playing in a deeper, reserved position? Should he be playing on the edge of all the attacks, assisting, providing chances, etc? Where is he best in this team?"

The Frenchman is expected to play a central role in the Red Devils Champions League opener against Swiss Young Boys on Wednesday.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...