Chelsea set to compete with Juventus, Manchester United for highly rated Italian star

Chelsea set to compete with Juventus, Manchester United for highly rated Italian star

However, the Chelsea boss is confident the Stamford Bridge outfit have the financial competence to complete a deal for the attacker.
The 20-year-old was the subject of a £50million bid from Serie A champions Juventus in the summer while the player confirmed other unnamed clubs bid up to £63million for his services.
Juve are expected to make a second bid in the January transfer window with Manchester United also thought to be keen.
So Chelsea know it will take a hefty fee to land the Italy international to Stamford Bridge.

The winger told Corriere Della Sera: "Fiorentina refused offers of £63 million.

"The summer has been peaceful, there were no anxieties related to the market because, in agreement with the club, I decided that I would stay in Florence.
"It was the best choice, and knowing that I'm worth so much does not detract from my sleep, nor does it affect my life.
"Prices in recent years have skyrocketed and I'm simply going to try and not think about it."

The son of the former Italy international Enrico - started in Fiorentina's 3-0 win over Napoli towards the end of last season.
Chiesa was on target in Fiorentina's 6-1 win over Chievo earlier in the season but it is unclear if he would have a starting shirt at Chelsea with stiff competition from Eden Hazard and Willian.
Chiesa has seven senior international caps for Italy, including two in the Nations League matches against Poland and Portugal.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...