Mohamed Salah responds to Liverpool fans calling Sadio Mane selfish

Mohamed Salah has dismissed suggestions that Sadio Mane is selfish and believes there is 'solidarity' between Liverpool's attacking trio.

Mane was accused of snubbing Salah during Liverpool's 2-1 win over Tottenham at Wembley on Saturday, with some supporters even speculating that the Senegal international is jealous of the Egyptian's success from last season.

But Salah insists he does not care who scores more goals for Liverpool and reveals he is extremely close to Mane in the dressing room.

When asked about his relationship with Roberto Firmino and Mane, Salah told France Football: 'We are friends, we talk a lot.

'Generally, all three of us sit in the dressing room at the same place, right after the matches.

'There is a real solidarity between us because we do not care who will score the most or who scores first.

'Everyone works to make sure the other succeeds. And as you can see, we all score.'

Salah also spoke fondly of his relationship with Jurgen Klopp.

'From my first day at Liverpool, he treated me like a friend,' said the forward.

'We talked together and there was something very strong between us right away.

'The current has passed from the beginning.

'All I can say is that he knows how to treat each player mentally. Everyone feels good with him.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...