President George Weah reveals 3 former Super Eagles stars he admired as a young footballer

President George Weah reveals 3 former Super Eagles stars he admired as a young footballer

President of the Republic of Liberia George Oppong Weah has revealed three former Super Eagles stars he idolized while growing up even as he was quick to appreciate Nigeria's contribution to the development of the sports.

Reacting moments after the Eagles claimed a 2-1 win over Liberia's Lone Star in Tuesday night's exhibition match at the Samuel Kanyon Doe Sports Complex in Monrovia, Weah, a former World Footballer of the Year, went down memory lane, to recap how he drew inspiration from Nigerian Football back in the days.
       "As a young, upcoming footballer, I was always fascinated by Nigeria's football stars.
"I looked up to the likes of Stephen Keshi, Rashidi Yekini, Friday Ekpo and others and believed that the African footballer can also get to the very top.
"I believe that in Africa, somewhere, there is another Ballon D'Or winner .
"We have to find him, expose him to the world and give him the opportunity to actualize his dream,"
noted Weah, who emerged African, European and World Footballer of the Year in 1995.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...