Ross Barkley has been Chelsea's best player in training, claims Victor Moses

Chelsea star Victor Moses believes Ross Barkley has been the best player in training so far this season.

Barkley, 24, completed a £15million move to Stamford Bridge in January but form and injuries meant the midfielder struggled for minutes under former Chelsea boss Antonio Conte.

Following Maurizio Sarri's appointment, though, Barkley has featured heavily and started the Blues' two opening matches in the Premier League against Huddersfield and Arsenal.

Barkley dropped to the bench for Chelsea's victory over Newcastle but Moses revealed that the former Everton man is pulling out all the stops to impress Sarri.

Asked which player has stood out the most in training, Moses told Chelsea's official website: 'Everyone has been good, everyone is working hard but I'd say Ross Barkley.

'He had a big injury but he's started the season really well and he's working his socks off.'

Barkley, desperate to improve on his debut season at Stamford Bridge, has been studying videos of Sarri's Napoli since the Italian's arrival.

'I've watched clips (of Napoli) just to see the way they played, out of possession and in possession,' Barkley said earlier this month.

'I've seen how they played last season, and against Manchester City last season in the Champions League.

'They were a really exciting team, one-twos all over the pitch, one and two-touch football. Goals from all around the pitch.

'It was exciting football, and they were unfortunate not to win the league last season.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...