Alisson promises to continue taking risks in possession as Liverpool's No.1

Alisson has insisted he will not change his game despite admitting mistakes can happen when he plays with the ball at his feet.

Liverpool fans drew a sharp breath when Alisson chipped the ball over an advancing Anthony Knockaert in the 1-0 win over Brighton on Saturday, but the piece of skill paid off as the stopper snuffed out a potential threat.

Alisson is known for his ability in possession and Liverpool's style means the Reds often build from back to front.

Liverpool fans know all too well the pitfalls of such a game having watched a string of goalkeepers struggle to adapt, but Alisson is not concerned about potentially making an error.

'I try my best to help the team in the build-up. If sometimes there is a situation where there is dribbling, I do it carefully,' Alisson said.

'It could be too risky, but it's part of the game, we are a team that plays from the back with the ball on the ground.

'That's part of the team's characteristics. Mistakes may happen, but we work hard during the week to everything correctly during the matches.'

Liverpool decided to fork out £67million for Alisson partly because the stopper did not make a single error in Serie A last season that led to a goal against his side.

Alisson has already made a string of important saves in his first three games and Liverpool supporters are crossing their fingers the club have finally found a reliable goalkeeper.

The Reds are unbeaten so far this season and sit top of the Premier League table, and Alisson puts down his side's early success to team work.

'Hopefully I will keep helping the team, it is a teamwork. I have my contribution, but I am not the main responsibility for the clean sheets,' he said.

'If we do not concede we will be close to winning because our attack is really good.

'I'm very comfortable at the club in a great environment, with everybody pushing in the same direction to win.

'We've shown what we are capable of and hopefully we can keep on track. The Premier League is very tough and competitive.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...