WWE star and Real Madrid fan Rusev wants Chelsea forward Eden Hazard to replace Cristiano Ronaldo

Real Madrid fans are never shy in voicing their opinion on who should be the next Bernabeu star, but Florentino Perez may want to listen to the demand of one of the club's 'biggest' fans: WWE Superstar Rusev.

The former United States Champion and current star of SmackDown Live is a massive Madrid supporter and has made no secret about who he thinks should replace Cristiano Ronaldo as Real's latest big money signing.

WWE star and Real Madrid fan Rusev wants Chelsea forward Eden Hazard to replace Cristiano Ronaldo

Rusev wants Hazard

"I would really like Hazard from Chelsea, go after him and see how that goes," the Bulgarian Brute told talkSPORT. "I know a lot of fans will say Neymar, but I think it's too soon for him and his stock is a little bit down after his forty minute rolls at the World Cup. Hazard wants to come, so go get him!"

With the transfer window now closed in England, Chelsea would be reluctant to sell the Belgian captain, however, the man behind 'Rusev Day' does see a potential heir to Ronaldo's throne in the current Madrid squad.

"Let's not forget we have Marco Asensio, who's one of the best players in the world and is only 24. I'd be just as happy to put faith in him and not sign anyone."

Whether it's Hazard or Asensio stepping into Ronaldo's almighty shoes this season, Rusev believes that it was still the right time to cash in on Real Madrid's all-time record goal-scorer - calling it the best news he had all summer.

"I'm glad the big transfer finally happened.  It's a great sale for us, people have been texting me since he left and saying 'sorry', but I'm like no this is a good thing. We have made £105 million on a 33-year-old player - it's the best news we could have got in the off-season."

Hazard has been linked with a move to Madrid

Rusev's favourite football club won't be the only ones busy for the remainder of the summer, the 32 year-old has his own business to attend to as he prepares for SummerSlam at the end of the month.

WWE's annual event is of the biggest shows on the calendar, second only to WrestleMania, and although he is yet to be announced on the card, the Bulgarian is pitching for a dream match of his own involving some WWE legends.

"On the current roster all the guys are all good. Daniel Bryan is amazing, Samoa Joe is amazing, Seth Rollins is probably the best in the business, but I'd want to face Hulk Hogan or Kurt Angle.  That's it for me."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...