Wilfried Zaha wants to join Chelsea from Crystal Palace before transfer window closes

Wilfried Zaha wants to join Chelsea from Crystal Palace before transfer window closes

Wilfried Zaha wants to join Chelsea before the end of the transfer window after Tottenham pulled out of the race to sign the Crystal Palace winger, according to reports.

The 25-year-old has been on Tottenham's shortlist for the last two years but Spurs have never been able to agree a deal with Palace.

According to the Sunday Mirror, Zaha now wants to leave Selhurst Park before the transfer window closes next Thursday and Chelsea are in pole position to sign him.

The report claims that Tottenham manager Maurizio Pochettino remains keen on signing Zaha but Spurs have pulled out of the race as they refuse to pay the midfielder's £75 million asking price.

Chelsea have now been given a clear run to sign Zaha, and the report claims that the player is ready to take the next step in his career.

However, Palace boss Roy Hodgson insists that Zaha will not be sold this summer.

'I spoke to Wilf yesterday and he certainly gave me no indication it was true about wanting to quit the club,' Hodgson told talkSPORT.

'In fact, we were talking about how good the new signings were and how they would help us.

'The thing with Wilf is very simple. He's very much an integral part of our plans. He's very much an integral part of Crystal Palace Football Club.

'So, my hope and my plan absolutely is that he will stay. I'll let the speculation continue and I will continue happy to work with him.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...