Liverpool fans love Mohamed Salah reaction to Alisson Becker's miracle save

Liverpool fans love Mohamed Salah reaction to Alisson Becker's miracle save

Alisson made a sensational save from Marko Grujic in one of the Brazilian's first Liverpool training sessions (Picture: Liverpool Twitter)

It may have taken a world record £66.6million fee but Liverpool fans are more confident than ever that Alisson Becker will provide the answer to their goalkeeping travails after watching one of his first training sessions for his new club.

Jurgen Klopp appears to be on the verge of dispensing with Loris Karius, whose two calamitous errors cost Liverpool dear during May's Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid, with Simon Mignolet likely to remain as the club's No.2.

After helping Brazil reach the quarter finals of the World Cup, Alisson joined up with his new teammates at a training camp in Geneva ahead of Saturday's friendly against Napoli and immediately showed what he is capable of with a stunning save from Marko Grujic.

It was a save that showcased the 25-year-old's bravery, athleticism and strength and Liverpool fans loved the reaction of Mohamed Salah, who played with Alisson at Roma, who couldn't help but laugh, standing behind the goal...

'It's only my first day and I feel at home already!' said Alisson afterwards. 'I've met some of my team-mates and had my first morning session.

'It's important I get to know them as quickly as possible. The relationship we develop off the pitch is very helpful for us to gel as a team. I know Fabinho and Bobby and I'm sure they're going to help me.

'I've also already worked with 'Mo Mo' (Salah), the three of them will be very important for me to settle into the squad. My first impression tells me it won't be difficult for me here - it's a great squad formed by great players and brilliant professionals. I'm sure it's going to be a great season for us all.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...