Gonzalo Higuain makes decision between Chelsea and AC Milan transfer

Gonzalo Higuain is ready to reject AC Milan as he prefers a move to Chelsea, according to reports.

The Juventus striker is on Chelsea's summer shortlist and the two clubs have held talks about a possible transfer before the transfer window closes.

Earlier this week, reports in Italy claimed that the Serie A champions would be willing to let Higuain join AC Milan on loan for the upcoming season.

But La Stampa report that the 30-year-old is 'not convinced' by Milan's proposal and would prefer to join Chelsea instead as he would like the challenge of playing in the Premier League.

The report also claims that the Argentina international is demanding a salary package worth £135,000 a week.

Should Higuain end up making the move to Chelsea, he would be reunited with Maurizio Sarri - the manager he thrived under at Napoli.

Under Sarri's guidance at Napoli, Higuain broke Serie A's scoring record in a single campaign with 36 goals in the 2015-16 season.

When asked about a potential move for Higuain on Saturday, Sarri replied: 'I'm still waiting for the best Morata.

'In the first match [against Perth Glory] Morata did not play very well, in Australia.

'But tonight, especially in the first 30 minutes, he improved a lot. I am satisfied and I am very confident in him for the future.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...