Arsenal star Alexandre Lacazette sends message to Unai Emery over Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's position

Arsenal star Alexandre Lacazette sends message to Unai Emery over Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's position

Alexandre Lacazette is confident he can form a devastating partnership with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, regardless of the formation Unai Emery opts to select.

Arsene Wenger's successor appears to have settled on a 4-3-3 system on the evidence of Arsenal's early pre-season matches which has seen Aubameyang shunted out to the left wing.

The Gabon international made a stunning impact following his club-record move from Borussia Dortmund in January, scoring 10 goals in just 12 Premier League starts.

A knee injury to Lacazette allowed Aubameyang to stake a claim for the central striking role but it appears that his French teammate will fill that position this season.

But the former Lyon forward believes he can dovetail effectively with Aubameyang, regardless of where Emery asks him to play.

Asked about his relationship with Aubameyang, Lacazette said: 'No. I didn't know him because before he used to play for a rival in France.

'Since he came to Arsenal I'm happy with him and we have a good relationship.

'I like it when he plays around me. If he plays in front of me or on the left it is good for me and as well for him.'

Laczette scored 17 goals in all competitions last season but he has vowed to improve and respond to the blow of having missed out on being selected for France's World Cup squad.

He added: 'I hope and I think will be a better Alexandre Lacazette than last year. Now I have one year in the Premier League so of course I will be better.

'I was happy for my teammates and country but now that's over and I want to win trophies with Arsenal

'I am determined to play for Arsenal and be in the squad of Unai Emery.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...