Chelsea set price for Alvaro Morata as striker says 'yes' to AC Milan move

Chelsea have set their asking price for Alvaro Morata as AC Milan step up their efforts to sign the striker.

Morata completed a £60million move to Stamford Bridge last summer but is keen to leave the club after a frustrating debut season in England under Antonio Conte.

Maurizio Sarri's arrival at Chelsea has done little to change Morata's mind and it appears the Spain forward could be on his way to the San Siro ahead of the 2018/19 campaign.

According to Gianluca Di Marzio, Milan's new director of sport, Leonardo, held a meeting with Morata's entourage on Wednesday.

It's claimed Morata's camp have already said 'yes' to Milan but Chelsea's valuation of the attacker remains high.

The Blues are demanding a fee of €65-70m (£58-£62m) for the ex-Real Madrid man which could put Milan off a potential deal.

Former Milan defender Luca Antonini believes Morata has his heart set on a move to the San Siro.

'I think Morata and Milan have already chosen [each other],' he told RMC.

'Clearly there is the need to convince Chelsea, who hold his registration.

'As far as I am concerned, I see the Spaniard as more suitable for Milan than a player like [Karim] Benzema.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...