Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri believes it is more important to have fun than to win

Maurizio Sarri intends to entertain the Chelsea faithful by bringing the fun back to Stamford Bridge.

The Italian addressed the media for the first time as Blues boss and stressed the importance of balancing success against enjoyment of the game.

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri believes it is more important to have fun than to win

He arrives from a Napoli side famous for their exciting brand of attacking football and the 59-year-old looks set to continue that philosophy with his new club.

"My goal is to have fun and be competitive in all the competitions until the end. The biggest gift is to have fun while you do the job," he said.

When asked if that attitude will bring success, he added: "Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

"I think it is better not to win but to enjoy.

Sarri gave his first press conference as Chelsea boss

"I hope Chelsea fans can be entertained. Much depends on the players.

"I am convinced that if a team has fun, often the fans have fun too. This is very important, and obviously there is the material objectives to reach high level. But we must start by having fun."

"I want to bring my philosophy on the pitch. Our's is not a sport but a game. Anybody who started as child did that for fun. The child in us all must be nurtured. This will help make us the best.

"Trying to create a team that has fun is the first objective."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...