Maurizio Sarri tells Roman Abramovich that Eden Hazard and Willian are 'untouchable' at Chelsea

Maurizio Sarri tells Roman Abramovich that Eden Hazard and Willian are 'untouchable' at Chelsea

Maurizio Sarri has told Roman Abramovich that he considers Eden Hazard and Willian as two 'untouchable' players at Chelsea, according to reports in Spain.

The 59-year-old has been in talks with Chelsea about replacing Antonio Conte as manager and is reportedly on the verge of making the move to Stamford Bridge.

According to Mundo Deportivo, Sarri and Abramovich have been in contact and the Italian has told Chelsea's owner that one of the conditions of him taking the job is that Willian and Hazard both remain at the club this summer.

The report also claims that N'Golo Kante is not one of the players Sarri has told Abramovich that he wants to keep at all costs.

Willian has been linked with a move away from Chelsea after aiming a dig at Conte following the victory over Manchester United in the FA Cup final.

The Brazilian posted a team celebration photo on Instagram but erased Conte from the image.

Barcelona have already had a £50 million offer for Willian rejected, while the 29-year-old has been on Manchester United's shortlist since Jose Mourinho became manager.

Hazard, meanwhile, has made no secret of his desire to join Real Madrid.

Earlier this month, Hazard invited an offer from the Champions League holders, while in an interview with beIN Sports on Monday, he admitted he would still welcome the chance to join Madrid even after Zinedine Zidane's departure.

'Zidane is someone special it's true, but I think Real is everyone's dream,' Hazard said. '

Zidane or no Zidane, the white jersey [of Real] is special but the blue jersey suits me well so it does not bother me if I stay.

On Tuesday, reports in Spain claimed that Abramovich is open to selling Hazard and the Belgium international is wanted by Barcelona.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...