Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois speaks out on Real Madrid transfer link after Belgium beat Japan

Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois speaks out on Real Madrid transfer link after Belgium beat Japan

Thibaut Courtois has refused to confirm he will stay at Chelsea after being asked about a potential move to Real Madrid this summer.

The 26-year-old has just one year remaining on his current contract, which means Chelsea run the risk of losing their first-choice goalkeeper on a free transfer next summer.

Real Madrid are keen on signing Courtois and reports in Spain claimed last week that the Belgian's agent Christophe Henrotay has already been in talks with the Champions League holders.

Courtois had previously claimed that he was going to spend another season at Stamford Bridge but he now admits his children, who live in Madrid, are a key factor behind the decision over his future.

When asked about joining Real Madrid after Belgium's 3-2 win over Japan on Monday evening, Courtois replied: 'I'm not going to talk about that now.

'The only thing I've always said is that after the World Cup I look at everything.

'The only thing is that my children are the most important and I'll make the decision that best suits me for everything.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...