Chelsea confident they are in pole position to beat Liverpool to £65m Alisson transfer

Chelsea confident they are in pole position to beat Liverpool to £65m Alisson transfer

Chelsea believe they are in pole position to beat Premier League rivals Liverpool to a £65million deal for Brazil goalkeeper Alisson, reports say.

Brazil number one Alisson has attracted interest from Liverpool and Real Madrid but both have baulked at Roma's valuation for the 25-year-old.

Chelsea have shown no such hesitation, however, and are now preparing a move to bring the shot-stopper to Stamford Bridge.

According to the Daily Mail, the west London club believe they have a good chance of signing Alisson ahead of Liverpool and Real Madrid.

That is because Madrid have reportedly turned their attentions from the Roma star to Chelsea's Thibaut Courtois.

Belgium international Courtois has been repeatedly linked with a move to Real Madrid and has made no secret of his admiration for the club.

'I have a certain preference, I already have ideas in my head, but I have moved everything until after the World Cup,' Courtois said on Friday when discussing his future.

'My children [who live in Madrid] are the most important thing for me: I now have one and a half years less contact with Chelsea.

'FaceTime is beautiful, but seeing them grow up is something else, so my children will play an important role in my decision.'

The Blues will hope to attract an offer of around £50m to sell Courtois, a player who has won two Premier League titles.

Chelsea's approach for Alisson is not guaranteed to be successful, however, particularly as the player is said to have his heart set on a move to Real Madrid.

If Courtois leaves and Chelsea fail to sign Alisson, they could revive their interest in Stoke City goalkeeper Jack Butland, who looks set to move on this summer.

As well as potentially signing a shot-stopper, Chelsea also hope to bring Aleksandr Golovin and Daniele Rugani to Stamford Bridge, while they have rejected a £50m offer from Barcelona for Willian.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...