Ruben Loftus-Cheek threatens to quit Chelsea for first-team football

Chelsea star Ruben Loftus-Cheek has warned the club he needs to play next season and won't settle for a bit-part role at the club.

The midfielder spent last season on loan at Crystal Palace and was rewarded for his performances with a place in England's World Cup squad.

Loftus-Cheek made his first-team debut in 2014 but has made just 31 appearances for the club since and believes he's ready to make the step-up.

The 22-year-old isn't short on interest from other Premier League clubs and Loftus-Cheek has warned Chelsea he could leave this summer.

'I want to play,' said Loftus-Cheek.

'That's the key for me next season regarding where I end up. I want to play. I want to play as much as I can.

'And even this past season just gone I didn't play as much as I would have liked to because of injuries. So I still feel I need a proper season of playing, wherever it is.

'I'm confident in my ability that I can do well wherever it is. But I'm just not thinking about whether I'm going to play at Chelsea right now. I'm focused on the tournament.'

Loftus-Cheek has three years to run on his deal at Stamford Bridge and is valued at around £35million.

Antonio Conte is expected to be sacked in the next fortnight once the Blues agree a deal with former Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...