David Beckham begs Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane to beat Liverpool in Champions League final

David Beckham begs Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane to beat Liverpool in Champions League final

David Beckham has begged his former Real Madrid teammate Zinedine Zidane to defeat Liverpool in the Champions League final.

Reigning champions Real Madrid face Jurgen Klopp's side in Kiev on Saturday night and Manchester United legend Beckham will have one eye on the result.

For Zidane, a third Champions League triumph would see him match the records of Carlo Ancelotti and Bob Paisley.

Ahead of the showpiece event of the season, Beckham sat down with Real Madrid's manager and urged him to get one over United's fierce rivals Liverpool.

'To have been successful as a player and now to be successful as the boss, the big boss, is incredible,' Beckham told Zidane.

'I just want to wish Zizou, the boss, the president, the club good luck in the Champions League final.

'And please beat Liverpool, please!'

Real have endured a difficult season in La Liga, finishing third behind champions Barcelona and runners-up Atletico Madrid.

But they have remained a powerhouse in Europe and Zidane said: 'We suffered and worked a lot to make it to the final.

'There has been a lot of sacrifices, a lot of work, a lot of personal investment from everyone.

'Once I decided to become a coach I thought nothing is impossible. Being a coach of Real Madrid I knew we could achieve great things.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...