Manchester City plotting £100m swoop for Eden Hazard

Pep Guardiola is lining up an incredible £100m bid for Chelsea star man Eden Hazard, according to the Daily Star. 

Reports suggest the Manchester City boss has made the Belgian his number-one target this summer and is willing to break the British transfer record to get his man.

Hazard has two years left on his contract at Stamford Bridge, but has been stalling on a new deal all season. 

The Blues could be forced to sell this summer if he refuses to sign on, with long-term admirers Real Madrid also in the hunt. 

But Guardiola is reportedly confident of fending off Madrid and luring the 27-year-old to the Etihad instead. 

Hazard previously suggested his future depends on whether Chelsea sign world-class talent before next season.

He said: "I'm waiting for new players next season. We'll see.

"I want good players, because I want to win next season the Premier League. A lot of things. We will see."

He continued: "I'm taking my time, it's something big. I need to think of a lot of things. One thing for sure is I'm happy here."

After leading his side to FA Cup glory against Manchester United on Saturday, Hazard refused to commit his future to the club.

It is thought Guardiola is not interested in making any wholesale changes to his record-breaking sqaud, telling the club he wants two world-class players.

And Hazard is believed to be his ideal long-term replacement for 32-year-old David Silva. 

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...