If I Was Given The Chance Manchester United Will Play Like Pep Guardiola's Manchester City- Louis Van Gaal

If I Was Given The Chance Manchester United Will Play Like Pep Guardiola's Manchester City- Louis Van Gaal

Former Manchester United boss Louis Van Gaal has claimed he could have got the club playing in the same style as Pep Guardiola's Manchester City had he been given the time.

The Dutchman led United to a fourth and then fifth place finish in the Premier League in his two seasons in charge before he was dismissed.

And comments in recent months have showed he isn't quite over his sacking as he has laid in to the club and executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward.

Plenty of pundits, fans and players have described City's style as the best ever seen in the Premier League and Van Gaal believes he could have brought that to Old Trafford.

"Pep Guardiola is for me currently the best coach of the Premiere League, " he told German publication Bild. "Pep has made City a machine. He shows the style of football that I would have liked to play at Manchester United.

"But he has better players for it. For me, the process would have taken longer. Unfortunately, I did not get the time. "

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...