Transfer UPDATE! Wolves Beat Real Madrid To Signing Of Rafa Mir As Rivaldo BEGS Barcelona To Sign Coutinho From Liverpool

Transfer UPDATE! Wolves Beat Real Madrid To Signing Of Rafa Mir As Rivaldo BEGS Barcelona To Sign Coutinho From Liverpool

Former Barcelona star, Rivaldo says Liverpool midfielder, Philippe Coutinho would be a good signing for the LaLiga giants.

Rivado believes Coutinho has the characteristics to be a success at Barca if he joins the Catalan club.

Barcelona are reported to be preparing a fresh bid worth an initial €110 million for Coutinho, having failed with a number of offers for the midfielder in August last year.

Rivaldo, who won a brace of league titles in his five-year spell at Camp Nou, has backed Coutinho for a switch to the Catalan giants.

"Coutinho is a very good player and if he ends up signing for Barcelona, he will succeed easily," Rivaldo told Marca.

"I think he has the characteristics that a footballer needs to succeed in Barcelona.

"The style of play will suit him and fans will give him time to adapt, I think he will succeed," he said.

Coutinho has been targeted as a potential replacement for Neymar, who left Barcelona in a world-record switch to Paris Saint-Germain in the last transfer window.

Meanwhile, Championship club, Wolverhampton Wanderers have announced the signing of striker, Rafa Mir from LaLiga side Valencia.

Mir, who sign a four-and-a-half-year deal with Wolves, had also been linked with Real Madrid.

The 20-year-old, who has scored 15 goals in 19 games for Valencia's B team this season, would have been out of contract this summer and moves to Molineux for an undisclosed fee.

Mir told Wolves' official website: "I'm really excited to play with this team and to try and help the players achieve all the goals that the club has.

"It's a club that has already played in the Premier League. It's one of the biggest clubs in England and I'm really looking forward to my time with Wolves.

"I think the type of football that is played in England is very good for me as a player. It suits me and I think, with training, I could bring some good things to the team."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...