Brazil Star Kaka Announces His Retirement From International Football

Ricardo Kaka, who won the World Cup with Brazil in 2002 and FIFA's World Player of the Year in 2007, announced his retirement from the game on Sunday.

The Brazilian left MLS in October, parting ways with Orlando City and there was much speculation on what he would do next.

He said:

"I needed time to think and take a very calm decision, very calm and very aware of what I will want for my professional life, I went to Europe to watch some games, to feel the emotion of the game there, where football really has its highest point.
And very aware, I came to a conclusion that it's time to end my career as a professional footballer."

Reports circulated around two specific offers: a return to his first love Sao Paolo for a one-year contract and another non-playing role as club director at AC Milan.

Upon these news, it seems more likely he will join Milan, and take his first steps towards a management career.

"To do it like [Zinedine] Zidane is a good idea," Kaka said to Globo back in October, when discussing his plans for the future.

"He stopped, took some time away, decided if it was something he actually enjoyed, studied, did a course, built his way up. I'm that way inclined too. Now, there are people who believe I am already ready.", he added.

The 35-year-old Professional footballer then took to his twitter page to thank God and as well confirm his retirement.

He wrote:

"Father,
It was much more than I could ever imagined. Thank you! I'm now ready for the next journey. In Jesus name. Amem.

Pai,
Foi muito mais do que eu pedi ou imaginei!Obrigado! Eis-me aqui para próxima jornada. Em nome de Jesus. Amém."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...