Bring on Manchester City! - Tottenham Boss, Pochettino Brags Ahead of Clash with Guardiola's Team

Bring on Manchester City! - Tottenham Boss, Pochettino Brags Ahead of Clash with Guardiola's Team

Mauricio Pochettino has said Manchester City are the best side in Europe ahead of Tottenham's weekend clash at the Premier League leaders.

Speaking after Spurs' comfortable 2-0 win at home to Brighton, the Argentine insisted his players are now completely focused on Saturday's game, but is convinced their clash against Pep Guardiola's side will be a tough game.

Pochettino said: "They [Manchester City] are showing that they are not only the best in England but in Europe too with the Champions League. They are playing so well and deserve all the praise.

"It will be so tough. I think Manchester City deserve all the credit with what they are doing.

"Of course now we are completely focused on trying to prepare the team to be ready to compete on Saturday."

On Wednesday night, Spurs had dominated possession against their opponents and opened the scoring five minutes before the break when Serge Aurier's cross-cum-shot deceived Mat Ryan to fly in the top corner.

The in-form Son Heung-min doubled Spurs' lead to seal the victory for Pochettino's side on 87 minutes.

The Lily Whites initially struggled to find wins at home to the 'lesser teams' this season but victories against Brighton and Stoke suggest they are improving in those games.

And Pochettino was pleased with his side's ability to find the breakthrough and control the game.

He said: "In this type of game you need something lucky to open things up and also play well, dominate and create chances.

"Of course the game changes when you score because then the opposition have to come forward.

"I think if you win then you can say 'oh, we have learned', but every game is completely different. Sometimes you try and try and it's difficult.

"The most important thing is the three points and I am happy with the performance."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...