I Regret Bleaching My Skin - Popular Boxer, Bukom Banku Admits

I Regret Bleaching My Skin - Popular Boxer, Bukom Banku Admits

Ghanaian boxer, Braimah Kamoko, also known as Bukom Banku has said he regrets bleaching, according to a report by AdomNews.

The boxer who had been flaunting his heavily bleached skin some months back had admitted that he was bleaching to become Ghana's ambassador to Germany.

"I am bleaching myself for German people to know that German peo­ple and Bukom Banku are one.... So if you see me now, you will observe that I am from Germany. I want Ghanaians to know that I am a German now," he said.

But, after going at it for months now, he had now advised people not to bleach because of the adverse consequences.

Banku gave the advice while chatting with Bola Ray on Starr Chat on Wednesday, October 25. Banku said he was inspired by the fairer skin of musicians such as Michael Jackson and Daddy Lumba, but has now realized bleaching is not a good thing and regrets it.

"I stopped bleaching long ago. You know Daddy Lumba and Michael Jackson were looking nice and I admired them so I also started bleaching and people started praising me...they called me 'Banku Fresh' and the likes and I was happy but after I stopped bleaching the name changed to 'Banku black, banku dirty'. I now fear Ghanaians because the same people who will praise you are the same people who will turn around and insult you. I want to tell Ghanaians that bleaching is not good even if you give me $10,000.000 million, I won't bleach," Bukom told Bola Ray.

Banku, a former WBO Africa Cruiserweight champion suffered a humiliating defeat to former Ghana Amateur boxing team captain, Bastie Samir in the cruiserweight non-title bout held at the Bukom Boxing Arena in Accra on Saturday, 21 October 2017.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...