Will It Happen?? Cavani Backs Neymar To Win 2017 Ballon D' Or

Will It Happen?? Cavani Backs Neymar To Win 2017 Ballon D' Or

Edinson Cavani is backing his Paris Saint-Germain team-mate, Neymar, to win this year's Ballon D'Or prize.

PSG trio Neymar, Cavani and Mbappe were all named among the 30 contenders for the 2017 Ballon d'Or on Monday.

Cavani and Neymar had a well-publicised spat over who would take a free kick and penalty in the recent Ligue 1 game against Lyon.

But the Uruguay striker says any differences have now been ironed out and that he is hopeful the former Barcelona forward, can get his hands on football's most prestigious individual honour.

"I spoke with him and told him what I thought, but they're things that stay in the dressing room," he told Ovacion.

"I'm not going to tell you what we said to each other. The only thing I want is that all those who join the team do so with the intention of fighting for the team's goals. Individual honours will come because the team does well, that means everyone is working well.

"And if we have the best in the world, that's great for me. I have said several times I want him to have the Ballon d'Or because if that happens it means he'll have scored lots of goals and he'll have helped us win things. And what I want is to win things, that's what interests me."

Neymar came third in the 2015 poll for the Ballon d'Or and was fifth last year.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...