Cristiano Ronaldo Named UEFA Player Of The Season (Photos)

Football icon, Cristiano Ronaldo has been named UEFA Player of the Season for 2016-2017 on Thursday following a campaign which saw the Real Madrid superstar help his club to the La Liga and Champions League double.

This makes it the third time that Cristiano has won the award which was presented on the sidelines of the Champions League group stage draw.

His rival Lionel Messi has won the prize on two occasions and could pave the way for him to capture a fifth Ballon d'Or title.

"The same [goals] every year, the same challenge - to win everything that's possible with my club, with my national team. I'm so glad to be here, and honoured to win this trophy again. Thank you to my team-mates and congratulations to them too," the forward said after receiving the award.
"For the national team, when I go there they always give me motivation to work hard and carry on every time. I'm so blessed - thanks also to the supporters of Real Madrid, everyone who helped me to achieve this trophy. Thank you - I'm so happy."

Congratulations to the star!

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...