I 'll Be Here For A Long Time - Matic Wants To Be A Hero At Man United

I 'll Be Here For A Long Time - Matic Wants To Be A Hero At Man United

Midfield hero, Nemanja Matic has revealed he wants to be a Manchester United player for a long time after the Reds' superb opening Premier League win over West Ham.

Jose Mourinho's men ran out 4-0 victors at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon courtesy of a fine brace from Romelu Lukaku, as well as late goals from Anthony Martial and Paul Pogba.

However, it was Matic who stole the show as he was voted United's Man of the Match, and, after the game, he admitted it was his team- mates' warm welcome that helped him to settle in so quickly.

"Thanks to the guys, they have accepted me from my first day and I feel their support," he told MUTV. "Thanks to them, I feel very comfortable and I feel like I will be here a long time. They have helped me, and I am happy if I give them something back, and that I helped us to win.

"We played good football, and I think our supporters enjoyed it as well. It's good to start well with three points, the season is long but we have to collect a lot of points and we've had a good start.

"It was great [to play at Old Trafford], when you wear that [United] shirt you feel some kind of pressure because this is a big club, but that's why we are here.

"We know that it's a big responsibility to play for Manchester United and I'm happy that we have started well and that I hope we continue like this - I'm sure this group can do good things."

The Serbian international was also keen to pay homage to new team-mate Lukaku, who also had an Old Trafford debut to remember, as he took his United goal tally to three goals in two games.

"I am happy for him - not only that he scored goals - but his amazing all-round game as well," Matic said. "He saved a lot of balls ahe gave us self-confidence up front.

"It was very important for us that he scored his first two goals and, after that, it was easier for us to play, the game was more open, and there was more space to use. I'm happy for him and that we have him on the team, and I'm sure he will continue his form."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...