Bonucci Aiming For UCL With Milan

Bonucci Aiming For UCL With Milan

Leonardo Bonucci has stated that he joined AC Milan to better his time at Juventus by winning the champions league.

The Italian defender joined Milan alongside Hakan Calhanoglu , Ricardo Rodriguez and Andre Silva, as the serie a club went into a buying frenzy.

Bonucci says the lofty dreams held at Milan is the reason he joined the club and he would like to forget the two UCL finals he lost at Juventus.

"I chose Milan because they had the most ambitious project," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "I live with challenges.

"And [directors Marco] Fassone and [Massimo] Mirabelli made me feel very important and they really wanted me, otherwise the negotiation would not last for only 48 hours.

"They are either done immediately or never done - and it is certainly not a question of money. To those who call me a mercenary I say that I also had interest from abroad, where I would have earned more.

"I have chosen Milan because, in my head, there is the idea of ​​repeating the course I had at Juventus, where we had started rebuilding, as in this case, and we came to the top.

"Here, I want to get even higher. Within four years, I hope to win the Champions League. I want to win all the titles."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...