UEFA Super Cup: Manchester United Boss Mourinho Reveals Why He Gave Away His Winners Medal

UEFA Super Cup: Manchester United Boss Mourinho Reveals Why He Gave Away His Winners Medal

Manchester United boss, Jose Mourinho, has explained why he gave away his runners-up medal, after they lost 2-1 to Real Madrid in the UEFA Super Cup on Tuesday.

Goals from Casemiro and Isco secured Zinedine Zidane's side victory in Skopje on Tuesday night, despite Romelu Lukaku's first competitive United goal for United.

After they went up to collect their medals, Mourinho handed his own to a kid in the stands in Macedonia.

The Portuguese claims the silverware will mean more to the supporter than him, because medals don't mean much" to him, even when his side win.

"Look sometimes when I win I don't keep the medals, so imagine when I lose," he said.

"And for me the medal will go to some place in my house and for that kid it's for sure something to keep and remember.

"It was a little kid in a Manchester United shirt, I have no idea where he comes from, so I think for the kid it is something he will never forget and for me, I repeat when I win they don't mean much, imagine when I lose."

The ex-Chelsea boss threw his winners' medal into the crowd following their Premier League triumph in 2006 and also gave away his medal after the 2015 Community Shield.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...