Huh?! Ghanaian Football Player Signs For Turkish Club For 4.53 Litres Of Olive Oil

Huh?! Ghanaian Football Player Signs For Turkish Club For 4.53 Litres Of Olive Oil

It's been a busy year in the football transfer market as football stars add more digits to their accounts as they switch to other clubs around the world.

While other footballers are making more money in light of this transfers and all, a Ghanaian-Turkey based player has just sealed a rather unusual deal.

25-year-old Mohammed Sumaila, recently put pen to paper as he signs a one-month deal to play for Turkish regional side Yörükalispor for a fee of 10 pounds (4.53 litres) of olive oil.

Ghana's City FM Online confirmed the signing of Sumaila who has been playing in Turkey since age 20 and has featured for Torbali, Tire, Soma and Gaziemir.

According to the player, the people of the village did not have money so they offered to give him olive oil in return for his services. He agreed to play for them after speaking to former Turkish midfielder, Tayfun Albaryak.

The Ghanaian star also went ahead to explain that his contract was to run for the duration of the tournament after which he would move to join another team for the coming season.

"I am 25 years old and I have been playing football in amateur teams in Turkey for about 5 years and I have been playing football in Torbali , Tire, Soma and Gaziemir teams.
"I transferred to the Kütahya team for next season. I only moved to Yörükalispor to play in their one-month long football tournament in Mudanya."
"I came to the village team upon the invitation of Tayfun Albayrak and he said that the villagers would give me the olive oil they had obtained from the olives they produced and so, I accepted the offer," said the player as quoted by www.haberturk.com

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...