Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp tells Liverpool to replace him with Gerrard

Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp tells Liverpool to replace him with Gerrard

Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, has admitted he would love the club's legend, Steven Gerrard, to be his successor at Anfield.

Gerrard saw out his playing days with MLS side LA Galaxy, after making 710 appearances for Liverpool.

He is now back working with the Reds' academy, where he will take full charge of the club's under-18 side next season.

Klopp has a contract at Anfield until 2022 and hopes to play a nurturing role with Gerrard.

"It's perfect that we can involve Steven. What a guy, he's fantastic," Klopp said in an interview with the Times.

"He was one of the world's best footballers ever.

"I told him when I leave, or the club sack me, I don't care of course who'll be my successor, but I'd love that he'd be it. I'll do everything I can to make sure he gets all the information he needs.

"Because when you join a club you have a big responsibility for the future, and the future of this club needs legends like Steven Gerrard in decisive positions.

"[Gerrard] gave the club a lot and now we can give him the best education in this specific part he wants to work in, hopefully for the rest of his life."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...