Why I will not retire at Barcelona - Neymar

Why I will not retire at Barcelona - Neymar

Barcelona forward, Neymar, has revealed that he does not plan to retire at the Camp Nou.

Although the 25-year-old recently signed a new contract with the club that expires in 2021, he admitted he will see out his playing days in his native Brazil.

Neymar told Canal Esporte Interativo: "I have a lot of desire to one day play for Flamengo, with the Maracana full, playing in the Copa Libertadores."

He has already played domestic football in his homeland with Santos, from where he signed for Barca.

However, it appears Neymar's relationship with the club has soured, as he failed to send any messages when Santos celebrated their 105th anniversary.

Neymar added: "I don't have an obligation to give my congratulations.

"I am grateful, I am thankful for everything they've done for me, I love and loved to play for Santos, my entire family are Santos supporters, I even turned into a Santos supporter, but I'm not obliged to do everything they wish.

"I have enormous respect for Santos, everyone in my family are Santos supporters, only that also has a bad side. Santos entered the courts against us for something I still don't understand today.

"They said the only thing missing was if I scored an own-goal in the game against Barcelona [in the 2011 Club World Cup final]. There are details that nobody knows."

Neymar joined Barcelona in 2013 and has scored 100 goals in 180 appearances for the La Liga side.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...