Guardiola vows to "pray" for Gabriel Jesus as City manager snubs Iheanacho again

Guardiola vows to 'pray' for Gabriel Jesus as City manager snubs Iheanacho again

Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, has said he will "pray" for Gabriel Jesus' quick recovery, after the Brazilian striker was taken off during their 2-0 win at Bournemouth with a foot injury.

Jesus who arrived from Palmeiras last month, has made an impressive start to his England stint, scoring three times already.

He, however, lasted only 15 minutes at the Vitality Stadium on Monday and was replaced by Sergio Aguero.

City's medical staff will examine Jesus on Tuesday to ascertain the extent of the damage sustained.

"We will know exactly what is wrong in the morning," Guardiola said.

"Hopefully, and I will pray tonight, it will not be a big issue. But I'm so happy for Sergio, for how he played, how he tried, and I thought he had scored.

"He hadn't played the last few games because these three guys - Gabriel Jesus, Leroy Sané and Raheem Sterling - were amazing but Sergio was important for us before this game and he is still important for us now."

Once again, Guardiola left out Nigerian star, Kelechi Iheanacho, from his match day squad.

It is the fifth consecutive game the 20-year-old has missed.

Iheanacho was left out of the 4-0 victory over West Ham, the 3-0 win at Crystal Palace, the 2-2 draw at home with Tottenham Hotspurs and the 2-1 success over Swansea City.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...