How I convinced Ibrahimovic to join Manchester United - Mourinho

How I convinced Ibrahimovic to join Manchester United - Mourinho

Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho, has revealed how he talked Zlatan Ibrahimovic into signing for the club.
Ibrahimovic has won titles in Holland, Italy, Spain and France, but Mourinho urged him to take this chance and try to add the Premier League to his impressive resume.

Mourinho, who previously worked with the 34-year-old at Inter Milan, says his hunger to succeed saw his eventually choose United.

"Let's be honest, he's very rich," Mourinho said.

"He's made money all his career, he's won a lot of things, so you only come to the most difficult championship in the world if you feel you can do it.

"If you don't feel you can do it, you go to America, China - or stay in the French League for one more season.

"So the guy wanted this one more challenge and I expect he's going to be very good for us.

"When I told him I'd won in England, Spain and Italy and he hadn't, that he'd done Spain, Italy and France, he thought, 'Ah, I want to go. I want to win every one'.

"So his motivation is high.

"I know him very well. I always think there's our age in ID terms but then there's our real age because, for me, the real age is not the age on your ID. That's just a date when you were born.

"The real age, the real ID, is your body, your brain, your attitude and this guy is young, his body is amazing.

"The way he grew up playing the sports he did before football, especially martial arts, he was prepared in terms of his muscles, and the mental point of view in a different way to the traditional football player, in his DNA, his motivation."

Ibrahimovic is expected to join up with his other United team-mates on July 30.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...