Why I brought Kante to Chelsea - Conte

Why I brought Kante to Chelsea - Conte

LNew Chelsea manager, Antonio Conte, has revealed that new arrival, N'Golo Kante, will be very important to his vision for a two-man central midfield.
The Blues confirmed the signing of Kante from Leicester City for a fee around £30million just before their pre-season fixture with Rapid Vienna at Allianz Stadion.

Conte began the game with Nemanja Matic and John Mikel Obi in central midfield, with suggestions that he might prefer a 4-4-2 or even 4-2-4 system at Chelsea.

"Kante was a target and for this reason I am very very happy that the club bought this player," Conte said.

"He's a good player, good technique, fantastic stamina and I like this type of player. I think when you want to win you need this player, like Kante, like Matic, who works hard for the team.

"I am very happy because together with the club we are working to improve the squad. We know we have to improve but we prefer to wait than to go for a player that doesn't adapt to our idea of football. Tomorrow [Sunday], Batshuayi arrives with us and he starts to work with the team.

"We identified [Kante] - me and the club together. I think that he can give a lot to Chelsea to enforce and so on. He's very important for us if we want to play with two central midfielders. He showed in last season he is able to play with another midfield. Also, I think with this player we reinforce our squad."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...