Leicester Complete £16m Capture Of Ahmed Musa

Leicester Complete £16m Capture Of Ahmed Musa

Leicester have completed the signing of Nigerian international Ahmed Musa from CSKA Moscow on a four-year deal for £16 million.

The EPL champions made the Super Eagles hitman their target after he bagged 13 goals in 30 league appearances for the Russian side last season.

Musa scored 54 goals in 168 games for CSKA.

Expressing his delight at completing the deal, Musa vowed to bring the form which help CSKA win the league into play for the foxes.

"I feel very happy joining Leicester City, for me it's one of the best clubs and I feel very happy," he said.

"I joined because it's one of the best clubs in the Premier League and they are like a family. That's why I joined Leicester City and I'm very excited.

"I look forward to seeing the fans in the new season and I will do my best to make them happy."

The 23-year-old is the Foxes fourth signing of the summer, following the arrival of Nampalys Mendy, Ron-Robert Zieler and Luis Hernandez.

The deal is subject to Premier League and FA approval.

Musa moved from Nigeria to Dutch side VVV Venlo in 2010 at age 19 before catching the eye of CSKA two years later and becoming a permanent fixture in the Russian Premier League.

He has also scored 11 goals in 58 games for Nigeria including a brace against Argentina at the 2014 World Cup.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...